1) Exploring! Set in 500 acres of Pembrokeshire countryside Bluestones National Park Resort is a little explorer’s paradise. Go on a bear hunt through the woods. Camp out in your very own den. Explore what lurks in the waters of the lake. Go on a climbing expedition through the treehouse play area – the adventures are endless!
2) Swimming, splashing and everything in between! The Blue Lagoon is Bluestone’s indoor water park and is free for you to use during your stay. Nippers Cove is an area set aside for the under 5’s with rock pools, a shallow pool and water toys to enjoy. There are often buckets and beach balls around to play with too. The Blue Lagoon is temperature controlled so you can relax and enjoy all day if you wish. There is also the handy Blue Lagoon Café which offers a range of tasty treats to keep you and the little ones going.
3) Indoor Adventure Centre – ok so we all know the weather in the UK can be a little unpredictable. When the sun is shining it’s glorious but we do need a backup for when it’s not that great, and the Indoor Adventure Centre is perfect. There is plenty to do for toddlers from ball pits to soft play in the Circus Zone and even messy play. You can even book a relaxing baby massage if you choose.
4) Mini Rangers – A club just for little ones. Mini Rangers is for 0-3 year olds and is a chance to meet new friends, get messy and try a few new activities, this isn’t a drop off and go service, so you can enjoy the messy play too ;) Don’t despair though, if you were hoping for a few hours R&R crèche sessions are available – see below
5) Crèche sessions - if your tot is between 0-3 year’s old crèche sessions are available for 3 hour slots. Your little ones will be looked after by highly trained members of staff who will keep them thoroughly entertained with lots of play and music. Food is also included in the session – just enough time to squeeze in an appointment in the spa I think!
6) Choice of accommodation - Bluestone offer a range of accommodations from 1 bed cottages located right in the heart of the village centre – ideal if you want to be closer to shops and cafes, to woodland lodges that sleep between 4 and 14 guests. The accommodations have all been furnished to a high standard and have WiFi access and all of the appliances you need for your stay. St David’s Lodge which accommodates up to 8 guests is perfect for families and comes complete with its very own playroom!
7) Name your buggy -Bluestone’s is a car free area in the main resort (apart from check in and check out days) which is perfect if you want to stretch your legs and get out exploring. If you don’t fancy walking, you can always hire one of the golf buggies – which are really popular and so exciting for little ones to travel round in. They even have their own names. There is also a handy mini bus services which is free of charge and has many pick up/drop off points around the park.
8) Let The Free Rangers entertain you! The Free Rangers are a group of staff who are at Bluestones purely to entertain. Make sure you catch one of their dinner shows or join them in the village hall for a live family show – plenty of games, music, singing and dancing. The shows do vary throughout the year so make sure you check out what’s on when you arrive.
9) Dine on the wild side in the WildWood Café! Have your kids ever dined in an enchanted woodland café before? Well they can at Bluestone’s Wildwood Café. With its magical tree at the centre, twinkling fairy lights and cosy hidey holes little ones will love this dining experience. The menu is kiddy friendly too J
10) Mini Adventure Breaks – these gorgeous breaks have been created with little ones in mind. If you have pre-school aged children then this is the break you need. The 4 night Mini Adventure Breaks includes all that you would expect from a Bluestone’s holiday – luxury self-catering accommodation, the great outdoors to explore and free use of the Blue Lagoon and the Indoor Adventure Centre. It also comes complete with the opportunity to meet Bluestone’s resident woodland creatures – Hewie Hedgehog, Buzby Bee and Lola the Ladybird and see two of their fantastic stage shows as well as a Shadow Puppet Show all as part of your break! To find out more about Mini Adventure Breaks and how to book click here
To find out about other breaks at Bluestone National Park, visit our main Bluestone page - click here